1. Cherries: When I road tripped with my family as a kid, I remember that my dad always used to buy these from roadside stands. They're pure summer and there's nothing better than eating them with your feet up on the dash.
2. Kettle Chips: You guys, these are just the best. I hate all other chips (well, except for Sun Chips.)
3. Water Bottle (or 2): I always bring lots of water to keep us hydrated in the heat. In the past, we've always stocked plastic bottles but I'm trying to be better about our waste footprint. Now, I really like bkr bottles (and the philosophy behind them.) Plus: they're pretty.
4. A Good Book on Tape: Around hour #4, I get really annoying and try to fill the dead space with stupid questions ("So, if you were a cheese, what kind would you be?") Books on tape help to keep us entertained so this doesn't happen. This summer, I think The Fault In Our Stars would be a good option that both Zach and I would like.
5. Summer Jams: Zach and I are obsessed with the new Capital Cities album. I know ever word to Farrah Fawcett Hair, so it's perfect for a car dancing sesh.
6. Sunglasses: No explanation needed.
7. Instant Camera: These are so fun to have during pit stops along the way. Gas stations and rest stops are prettier in Polaroid.
8. First Aid Kit: I'm a paranoid person, and just having this in the trunk makes me feel a little more at ease. I mean, safety first right?
9. Baby Wipes: The one time we didn't bring any of these, I spilled guacamole down the front of my pants and had to sit in it until we found the next rest stop. Needless to say: now we never leave home without them.
10. Mexican Blankets: These are surprisingly versatile. They keep me warm when Zach and I are having an AC war, and they double as awesome picnic blankets.
11. Neck Pillow: Before a red eye flight last year, we got talked into buying these at an airport Brookstone. I'm so glad we did... they are the best I've tried. They're kind of bulky to drag around, but they make awkward sleeping arrangements so much easier.
12. Garbage Receptacle: Because I don't like things to be messy when I'm stuck in the same spot for hours on end.
That's it for us. Did I miss anything??