Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Summer has always been my favorite season. In fact, when I was ten I wished my name was "Summer." I have so many happy, childhood memories of long lazy days, family vacations, ice cream cones on hot evenings, pool parties, camping trips, firework shows, and trips to the beach.
Now that I'm a grown up, the season doesn't have quite the same allure (working inside when the weather's so nice? Lame.) But, that doesn't mean Zach and I can't make the time to celebrate all the goodness that summer has to offer.
Here's the list of things I want to accomplish in the next 3 months. It's sweet & simple (just the way I like it):
1. Spend a weekend backpacking with my husband (preferably somewhere where we don't have cell phone reception.)
2. Stop talking about going to a Dodgers game, and just go to a Dodgers game.
3. Throw a big backyard movie night (complete with barbequed hamburgers.)
4. Make homemade ice cream.
5. Finally see the LA Phil perform John Williams' music at the Hollywood Bowl.
6. Run a 10K.
7. Spend at least one day at the beach.
8. Take a photography class.
9. Book the flights for our next big adventure.
10. Finally change my last name (to Piepmeyer!) on my drivers license. I'm only slightly embarrassed about that one.
What are your plans for the summer?
OH - and have you entered this week's Yiskah Knit giveaway? There's still time to win! Just click here.
[Photo from here]