[Target earrings, Anthropologie blouse, 7 for All Mankind jeans, Vince Camuto shoes, Essie "Navigate Her" nail polish]
Straight up confession: I am the worst shopper of all time. To start, I hate shopping in general. But when I actually go, here's how my experience normally goes down:
1) I find something I like in the sale section of Anthropologie.
2) I spend 20 minutes deciding whether I actually need it.
3) After going back and forth, I buy it.
4) On the drive home, I decide it was a stupid purchase.
5) I leave the bag by the front door with the intention of returning it "the next time I'm out shopping" (which is never.)
6) I forget it's there.
7) Three months later, I realize I still haven't returned it. So, I check the receipt (which I already know says "return within 14 days") to see if I can still return it.
8) I realized I've missed the deadline.
9) The item is now mine, whether I like it or not.
I'm not gonna lie, half of the items in my closet came to me through this twisted ritual. While I was cleaning this weekend, in fact, I found the above nautical blouse (receipt and all) stashed behind my bedroom door (oops.)
Welp, now that it's mine, I'm going to wear the **** out of it.
When I initially found this blouse at Anthropologie, I was immediately attracted to its details: the swirly pattern, the beautiful buttons, the unique cut. It's different, so it stands out in a crowd (which I love.)
Since the blouse is so beautiful, I kept the rest of the outfit simple (classic bootcut jeans, nude patent pumps, gold earrings.) I did go a little crazy with my nail polish though. I've been seeing people wear such awesome colors this spring - and I wanted in on the action. So, I painted my finger/toe nails green (which is a huge stretch for someone who only ever wears shades of pink and red.)
I love that the minty green of the nail polish is a subtle compliment to the red pattern in the shirt.