Zach and I don't normally eat out (we're paying triple payments on my school bills, yo.) So, vacations where we don't have to cook and clean dirty dishes are always a treat. After this trip, I'm convinced that we picked the best city to splurge with our lunch money. New York is a foodie's delight.
We threw our healthy diets out the window and ate whatever sounded good. (Cheese pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner? Perfect.) I don't think I ate a vegetable the entire week. Oops. (It was worth it.)
It was hard to catalog all the places we tried, since we seriously stopped somewhere new every 2 hours. But, I thought I'd give you a run-down on a few of our favorites:
1) Grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup at Miller's Tavern in Brooklyn.
2) Little eggies and espresso at Abraco in the East Village.
3) Caramel vanilla cupcakes at Butter Lane in the East Village.
4) Four cheese mac-n-cheese at S'mac in the East Village.
5) Chocolate chip and coconut rice pudding at Rice to Riches in Soho.
6) Fresh lobster at The Lobster Place in the Chelsea Market.
7) Italian brunch at Cafe Lalo in the Upper West Side.
8) Wild mushroom dumplings at Breeze Thai-French Kitchen in Hell's Kitchen.
9) Frrrozen hot chocolate at Serendipity 3 in Midtown.
10) Pulled pork sandwiches at The New French in the West Village.
What are you favorite New York eateries? What should we check out the next time we go?